There are thousands of resources available to help you be a better event manager. If you have event planning and management skills that you need to learn or build, here are some courses to explore. Some are free, some have a fee, but if your goal is to learn how to advance your skills as an event manager, check these out:
1) The Event Manager Blog offers several courses (in person and online) in partnership with the International School of Hospitality. Courses include:
- Conference Management & Event Planning Certificate
- Exhibition & Tradeshow Management Certificate
- Event Design & Production Certificate
- Wedding Coordination & Design Certificate
2) The Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA) offers a variety of educational opportunities for members, including CMP study courses, digital event strategist certification, convention services management training, and hundreds of webinars on a variety of topics from contract negotiation to experience design.
3) Meeting Professionals International (MPI) is a great resource for streaming, on-demand, and in-person education ranging from CMP and CMM prep courses to certificate programs in topics like Emergency Preparedness for Meetings & Events, Healthcare Meeting Compliance, and Basics Boot Camp on Meeting Fundamentals.
When you are confident in your event management expertise and are ready to become a strategic event marketer, contribute to the bottom line of your company, and advance your career, join me in the Corporate Event Marketer Academy. Sign up to be notified when the course is ready.